Council of the College of Early Childhood Educators
438 UNIVERSITY AVENUE, SUITE 1900
- Early Childhood Educators Act, 2007, S.O. 2007, c. 7, Sched. 8, ss. 8(1) (opens a new window)
The College's primary duty is to serve and protect the public interest. The College regulates the practice of early childhood education and governs members in accordance with the Act. It establishes and maintains qualifications for membership, and issues, renews, amends, revokes and re-instates certificates of registration. The College enforces professional standards and a code of ethics, receives and investigates complaints against members of the College, and deals with issues of discipline, professional misconduct, incompetency and incapacity. The Council manages and administers the affairs of the College and is its governing body and board of directors.
The Council is composed of (a) 14 early childhood educators who are members of the College and who are elected by the members of the College in accordance with the by-laws to represent such geographic areas of the Province as may be determined by regulation; and (b) 10 persons who are not members of the College and who are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council to represent such sectors of Ontario society as may be prescribed by regulation.
• Bilingual appointees, to ensure that the College meets its legislative requirement to provide services in both official languages.
• Individuals who bring experience working with other self-regulating professions.
• An individual with financial acumen, to support the College’s Finance and Audit Committee.
Members serve for a term not exceeding three years and may be reappointed. No member may serve for more than 10 consecutive years.
- The Council meets up to four times annually at the College's Toronto office. Council members commit to up to 10-20 meetings per year and possibly more depending on committee involvement. According to the Early Childhood Educators Act, at least one-third of the members of each committee are appointed members of the Council.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||SHERNETT MARTIN||
27-Aug-2020 - 26-Aug-2022
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||ADESUA EZEOKAFOR||
03-Dec-2020 - 02-Dec-2022
|3.||Member (Part-Time)||RICHARD FILION||
30-Mar-2022 - 29-Mar-2023
|4.||Member (Part-Time)||PAMELA CARKNER||
02-May-2022 - 01-May-2024
|5.||Member (Part-Time)||GARRY BATES||
07-May-2022 - 06-May-2024
|6.||Member (Part-Time)||GENEVIÈVE BRETON||
07-May-2022 - 06-May-2024
|7.||Member (Part-Time)||MARY BROGA||
16-Dec-2021 - 15-Dec-2024