Ontario Library Service
- Tourism, Culture and Sport
334 Regent Street
- Corporations Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.38 (opens a new window)
- Public Libraries Act, RSO 1990, C. P.44, PART III, S. 40(1) (opens a new window)
The Ontario Library Service will deliver programs and services across the Province that will increase co-operation and coordination among public library boards and other information providers, in order to promote the provision of library services to the public. Assist public library boards by providing them with services and programs that reflect their needs, including consultation, training and development. Coordinate an interlibrary loan and information sharing network for public libraries and other information providers and promote and develop public library services.
Effective April 1, 2021, the Southern Ontario Library Service and the Ontario Library Service-North will no longer exist as entities and will be amalgamated into a new corporate entity, known as the Ontario Library Service (OLS).
The provincial members are appointed by Minister Nomination Letter and confirmed by the board. The Board of Directors consists of 13 Directors; four Ministerial Directors and nine Board Assembly Directors. Nine (9) Board Assemblies bring together diverse libraries from across Ontario. Every Ontario public library board will be invited by the Corporation to appoint an official representative to sit on its respective Board Assembly.
• Be a resident of Ontario;
• Be over the age of 18 years;
• Meet whatever qualifications are set by the Minister, or set out in the Public Libraries Act, from time to time;
• Be capable of managing property, under the Substitute Decisions Act, 1992 or under the Mental Health Act;
• Not have been found incapable by any court in Canada or elsewhere;
• Not have the status of bankrupt, and,
• Be an eligible individual under the Income Tax Act (Canada).
Up to four years
- The board will meet virtually three times per calendar year.
N/A - Appointees are eligible to receive expenses.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||KIMBERLY GRAFTON||
30-Jun-2021 - 29-Jun-2024
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||HAYLEY CHAZAN||
04-Oct-2021 - 03-Oct-2024
|3.||Member (Part-Time)||CAROLYN STAMEGNA||
16-Feb-2022 - 15-Feb-2025
|4.||Member (Part-Time)||KAREN BACHMANN||
11-Apr-2023 - 10-Apr-2026