Ontario Internal Audit Committee - Community Services Sector Audit Committee
- Treasury Board Secretariat
777 Bay Street, 25th Floor
- 416 327 9512
An independent portfolio-based audit committee established as a subcommittee of the Ontario Internal Audit Committee (OIAC) with a mandate to:
- Provide advice and recommendations through the OIAC Chair to the President of the Treasury Board, including in consultation with the Secretary of the Cabinet, applicable ministries and the Ontario Internal Audit Division, on sector audits, specific to this sector, to be included in the annual Audit Plan.
- Support, in collaboration with Deputy Ministers and senior ministry management, information sharing across Sector Audit Committees (SACs) to provide OIAC with sector specific and government-wide perspectives of internal and external risks.
The Community Services SAC portfolio includes:
- Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Ministry of Indigenous Affairs
- Ministry of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries
- Ministry of Francophone Affairs
- Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility
The Lieutenant Governor in Council may appoint up to three external members for each SAC. Internal members will be appointed by the Minister, nominated by the Secretary of the Cabinet.
Members shall be appointed at pleasure for a term of up to 3 years.
- Four in-person meetings per year (meetings may range from half to one day in length, as appropriate). Additional meetings may be convened as required.
External members appointed to each SAC are remunerated at $600 per diem for the Chair and $400 per diem for members. Internal members appointed to the SACs, are not remunerated.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Chair (Part-Time)||KENNETH JOSEPH ("JOE") PARKER||
25-Mar-2021 - 24-Mar-2024
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||KATE MANSON-SMITH||
18-Nov-2019 - 17-Nov-2022
|3.||Member (Part-Time)||ANI HOTOYAN-JOLY||
07-May-2020 - 06-May-2023
|4.||Member (Part-Time)||MELANIE DEBASSIGE||
30-Jul-2020 - 29-Jul-2023
|5.||Member (Part-Time)||DENISE COLE||
15-Oct-2021 - 14-Oct-2024