Special Investigations Unit
- Attorney General
Special Investigations Unit 5090 Commerce Boulevard
- 416-622-0SIU (0748) Local
- Special Investigations Unit Act, 2019 (opens a new window)
The SIU is a civilian law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over municipal, regional and provincial police officers, as well as special constables employed by the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service. The SIU Director may cause a criminal investigation to be conducted into any incident in which any of the following occurs, if the incident may have resulted from criminal conduct by an official:
• The death of a person.
• The serious injury of a person.
• The discharge of a firearm at a person.
• The sexual assault of a person, as reported by the person.
The SIU Director is appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council on the recommendation of the Attorney General.
Appointment is for a term of five years and may be renewed for one further term of five years.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Director (Full-Time)||JOSEPH MARTINO||
01-Jan-2020 - 31-Dec-2021