CHARTERED PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTANTS OF ONTARIO
- ATTORNEY GENERAL
69 Bloor Street East
- (416) 962-1841
- (416) 962-8900
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario Act, 2017
- The objects of CPA Ontario are, (a) to promote and protect the public interest by governing and regulating individuals and entities as Chartered Professional Accountants in accordance with the Act and the by-laws, including, (i) establishing, maintaining, developing and enforcing standards of qualification, standards of practice, standards of professional ethics, and standards of knowledge, skill and proficiency, and (ii) regulating the practice, competence and professional conduct of individuals and entities as Chartered Professional Accountants; (b) to promote and increase the knowledge, skill and proficiency of members of CPA Ontario, firms and students; (c) to meet and maintain the standards that CPA Ontario, as a designated body within the meaning of the Public Accounting Act, 2004, is required to meet and maintain in order to be authorized to license and govern the activities of its members as public accountants under that Act; (d) to promote and protect the public interest by licensing members of CPA Ontario as public accountants and regulating those members and professional corporations as public accountants under the Public Accounting Act, 2004, when authorized under that Act to do so, in accordance with that Act, this Act and the by-laws; and (e) subject to the objects set out in clauses (a) to (d), to promote and protect the welfare and interests of CPA Ontario and of the accounting profession.
- The council of CPA Ontario is composed of, (a) the number, not exceeding 16, that is set out in the by-laws (currently 15), of members of CPA Ontario who are elected by the members of CPA Ontario in accordance with the by-laws; and (b) four individuals who are not members of CPA Ontario or of a self-regulating accounting body and who are appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council. The council elects from among its members a chair and such other officers of CPA Ontario specified by the by-laws to be elected. The council appoints as officers of CPA Ontario, (a) a President and Chief Executive Officer; (b) a registrar; and (c) any other officers specified by the by-laws to be appointed.
- Council members appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council serve for a term specified by the Lieutenant Governor in Council, and upon expiry of that term are deemed to have been reappointed until a successor takes office. Elected council members hold office until the third annual meeting after election to office or until the successor to the council member has been elected and qualified.
- The council generally meets four times a year and council members attend meetings of council committees.
- Appointees do not receive remuneration.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||MEMBER (PART-TIME)||GINNY DYBENKO||
04-May-2011 - 03-May-2014
|2.||MEMBER (PART-TIME)||J. TIMOTHY KENNISH||
08-Aug-2011 - 07-Aug-2014
|3.||MEMBER (PART-TIME)||ROBERT CHARLES WONG||
08-Sep-2012 - 07-Sep-2015
|4.||MEMBER (PART-TIME)||GRAHAM PARSONS||
08-Dec-2013 - 07-Dec-2016