Electrical Safety Authority
- Public and Business Service Delivery
SUITE 202, 155A MATHESON BOULEVARD W
- Safety and Consumer Statutes Administration Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 19, s. 3-8 (opens a new window)
- Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. A, Part VIII, s. 113.1 (opens a new window)
The Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) is a self-funded, not-for-profit corporation responsible for the administration and enforcement of Part VIII of the Electricity Act, 1998 and corresponding regulations on behalf of the Government of Ontario. ESA works to enhance electrical safety for Ontarians through administering the Ontario Electrical Safety Code. Its core services include: administration and enforcement of regulations in the electrical safety sector, inspections, investigations, licensing, oversight of the safety for the electricity distribution system, monitoring the marketplace for unsafe products, and education programs.
ESA is governed by a 12 member Board of Directors. The Minister appoints three Directors. Directors other than those appointed by the Minister are elected by the members of the Board.
Ministerial appointed Directors are appointed at pleasure. It is within the Minister's discretion to determine the length and number of terms of an appointed Director.
- The board meets approximately four times a year. In addition, all board members are required to participate on at least one board committee. For additional information on the responsibilities and commitment of board members, please visit esasafe.com/about-esa/role/board-of-directors-qualificationsAdditional meetings of the board may be held at any time provided that forty-eight (48) hours written notice of such meeting is provided to each director (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and statutory holidays).
- Appointees are paid by the Board.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||INDRANI BUTANY||
22-Dec-2022 - 15-Jan-2025
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||ARJAN ARENJA||
12-Apr-2022 - 28-Feb-2025
|3.||Member (Part-Time)||VIVI WHITE||
12-Apr-2022 - 11-Apr-2025