Campbell Children's Centre School Authority
600 Townline Road South
The Campbell Children’s School Authority is one of Ontario’s six school authorities established under Section 68 of the Education Act, mandated to provide programs for students with complex, physical and speech needs. The school exists within the Grandview Children’s Centre (GCC) to provide an education for those children under the age of 21 who require treatment such as individual or group therapy.
The board shall be composed of a maximum of seven (7) members, appointed by the Minister for terms to coincide with those of elected members of district school boards.
Candidates will have knowledge of special education and a wide range of background experiences in order to maintain a balanced membership. Members will be selected with multiple criteria in mind:
• Knowledge of, and experience with, special education;
• Professional expertise, for example in business, healthcare and finance;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Other skills, as relevant to the needs of the position (i.e. treasurer); and
• Commitment to Board’s goals and services
The term of office for hospital-based school authority members is the same as that for all publicly elected school board trustees (i.e. four years beginning on November 15th) Any vacancies that occur during the four-year period may be filled by the Minister through a new appointment for the remainder of the term.
- Trustees meet at the call of the Chair and at least four times a year
Appointees are eligible to receive expenses.
Appointments & Vacancies