Premier's Council on Equality of Opportunity
- Children, Community And Social Services
101 Bloor Street West
- OC 675/2020
The Council's mandate will be to:
• Provide advice to the Premier and Minister on employment, skills training, and education needs of youth, particularly those facing multiple barriers;
• Gather insights, networks, knowledge and learn directly from individuals and organizations that support youth, to disseminate best practices and strategies to respond to economic shifts;
• Advise the Premier and Minister on ways to target existing programs and investigate new directions that could be pursued by government to build a future-oriented workforce;
• Engage local communities on issues relevant to the Council and recommend local organizations for recognition by the Premier and/or the Minister for excellence in helping youth succeed;
• Provide recommendations to the Premier and Minister of Children, Community, and Social Services.
As a first priority, Council members will:
• Provide recommendations to the Premier and the Minister of Children, Community and Social Services to support youth to overcome the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak.
• Advise on specific policy options brought to the Council by the Chair.
up to 20 members
up to 3 years
- once per quarter, up to 6 times a year
Appointments & Vacancies