Planning Board - Smooth Rock Falls
- Municipal Affairs and Housing
142 – 1st Avenue, Box 249
Smooth Rock Falls
- (705) 338-2717
- (705) 338-2584
- Planning Act, RSO 1990, C. P.13, PART II, S. 9
Planning boards provide advice and assistance under the Planning Act on matters referred by municipal councils and by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing (in the case of a board appointed for a planning area that consists wholly or partially of territory without a municipal organization). The boards prepare official plans for these areas and, at the request of member council(s), for municipalities.
The board administers a site-specific zoning by-law, has the authority to grant consents and has been delegated subdivision, condominium, validations, foreclosures and powers of sale authority.
The board has five members. One member is appointed by the minister to represent the unincorporated area.
Eligible candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered for appointment:
· May be an owner or tenant of land or spouse of an owner or tenant of land in the unincorporated township under the planning board’s jurisdiction.
· Familiarity with the unincorporated townships served by the planning board.
· Familiarity with the Ontario land use planning system is an asset, e.g.: Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, local planning documents such as Official plans and zoning by-laws, land division processes.
· Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with other board members.
· Impartiality and sound judgement to fairly assess and review applications before the board.
· Be a Canadian citizen and be eligible to vote in an Ontario election.
The provincial appointee serves for a term specified by the minister (typically a 4-year period to coincide with municipal elections) and until a successor is appointed.
- The board meets as required.
Appointees do not receive remuneration.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||LISE COTE-PELCHAT||
13-Jul-2020 - 30-Nov-2022
|smooth rock falls|