Planning Board - North Almaguin
- Municipal Affairs and Housing
250 Clark Street
- (705) 724-6758
- PLANNING ACT, RSO 1990, C. P.13, PART II, S. 9
Planning boards provide advice and assistance under the Planning Act on matters referred by municipal councils and by the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing (in the case of a board appointed for a planning area that consists wholly or partially of territory without a municipal organization). The boards prepare official plans for these areas, and, at the request of member council(s), for municipalities.
In addition to the general functions described above, the board administers site-specific zoning by-laws. In addition to consent granting for the entire planning area, it has been delegated subdivision, condominium, validations, foreclosures and powers of sale authority for the municipalities within its jurisdiction.
The board has nine members. One member is appointed by the minister to represent the unincorporated area.
Eligible candidates that meet the following criteria will be considered for appointment:
· May be an owner or tenant of land or spouse of an owner or tenant of land in the unincorporated township under the planning board’s jurisdiction.
· Familiarity with the unincorporated townships served by the planning board.
· Familiarity with the Ontario land use planning system is an asset, e.g.: Planning Act, Provincial Policy Statement, local planning documents such as Official plans and zoning by-laws, land division processes.
· Communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with other board members.
· Impartiality and sound judgement to fairly assess and review applications before the board.
· Be a Canadian citizen and be eligible to vote in an Ontario election.
The provincial appointee serves for a term specified by the minister (typically a 4-year term to coincide with municipal elections) and until a successor is appointed.
- The board meets as required.
Appointees do not receive remuneration.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||DEAN GATES||
03-Dec-2019 - 30-Nov-2022
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||JOHN BORLASE||
17-Nov-2020 - 30-Nov-2022