Real Estate Council Of Ontario
- Government and Consumer Services
SUITE 1200, WEST TOWER, 3300 BLOOR STREET WEST
- (416) 207-4800
- (416) 207-4820
- Safety and Consumer Statutes Administration Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 19, ss. 3-8 (opens a new window)
- Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, chap. 30, Schedule C (opens a new window)
The Real Estate Council of Ontario (RECO) is a not-for-profit corporation that administers designated provisions of the Real Estate and Business Brokers Act, 2002 and its regulations with the purpose of protecting the public interest and ensuring a fair, safe and informed marketplace. The board of directors supervises the management of the business affairs of RECO.
RECO is governed by a 12 member Board of Directors. The Minister appoints three directors to the board.
Ministerial appointed Directors are appointed at pleasure. It is within the Minister's discretion to determine the length and number of terms of an appointed Director.
- The board meets about eight times per year. Board members normally serve as members of at least two committees. The Board may appoint a day or days in any month or months for regular meetings of the Board at a place or hour to be named by the Board.If notice is given by mail, it shall be sent at least seven (7) days prior to the meeting, and if given by notice other than by mail, it shall be sent at forty-eight (48) hours written notice of such meeting is provided to each Director
- Appointees are paid by the Board.