PUBLIC INTEREST COMMITTEE
101 BLOOR ST W,
- Ontario College of Teachers Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 12, Part II.1, ss. 17.1(1)
- The Committee advises the Council of the Ontario College of Teachers with respect to the duty of the College and the members of the Council to serve and protect the public interest in carrying out the College's mandate.
- The Minister appoints no fewer than three and no more than five persons who are not members of the Ontario College of Teachers, and designates one of those persons as the Chair of the Committee.
- Members serve for a term of up to three years and may serve for more than one term but not for more than six consecutive years.
- The Public Interest Committee shall meet at least four times a year and at any other time requested by its chair, the Council or the Executive Committee.
- Appointees are remunerated according to Schedule A, Level 1 of the Agencies and Appointments Directive