Ontario English Catholic Teachers’ Association (Oecta) Employee Life And Health Trust
- School Boards Collective Bargaining Act, 2014 (opens a new window)
The Ontario English Catholic Teachers' Association (OECTA) Employee Life and Health Trust is responsible for providing life, health, and dental benefits to OECTA members in the publicly-funded elementary and secondary education sector in Ontario under the Letter of Agreement between the Crown, OECTA, and the trustees' association. The Board is responsible for designing the benefits plan and managing the funds in the trust.
The Board will have nine members. OECTA will appoint five members, one of whom must be an independent expert. The trustees' association will appoint two members, the Crown will appoint one member, and jointly the trustees' association and the Crown will appoint one independent expert. The chair will be selected by the trustees.
Core experience and skills of the Board (as a whole):
• Accounting & finance
• Employee benefits plan expertise
• Knowledge of the public education sector
• Risk management experience related to life/health/dental plans
• Investment experience
• Legal and Policy Development
• Information Technology / cyber-security
• Trust Governance
The terms of all members are for three years and no person may serve for more than nine consecutive years.
- The Board will set its meeting schedule with a minimum of quarterly meetings and one annual meeting.
Appointees are paid by the Trust.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||LARRY SWARTZ||
29-Apr-2020 - 28-Mar-2022
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||RANDY BAUSLAUGH||
24-Oct-2019 - 30-Sep-2022