Cupe Education Workers’ Benefits Trust
The board is responsible for the operational and financial sustainability of the CUPE EWBT, including adoption and maintenance of the CUPE benefits plan.
The Board will have nine members. CUPE will appoint five members, one of whom must be an independent expert. The trustees' associations will appoint two members, the Crown will appoint one member, and jointly the trustees' associations and the Crown will appoint one independent expert. The chair will be selected by the trustees.
Core experience and skills of the Board (as a whole):
• Accounting & finance
• Employee benefits plan expertise
• Knowledge of the public education sector
• Risk management experience related to life/health/dental plans
• Investment experience
• Legal and Policy Development
• Information Technology / cyber-security
• Trust Governance
The terms of all members are for three years and no person may serve for more than nine consecutive years.
- The Board will set its meeting schedule with a minimum of quarterly meetings and one annual meeting.
Appointees are paid by the Trust.
Appointments & Vacancies
|1.||Member (Part-Time)||DEB TATTERS||
28-Feb-2018 - 01-Mar-2022
|2.||Member (Part-Time)||KAREN MCRAE||
01-Jun-2020 - 28-Feb-2023